Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts on the book

Hi friends. I know, I know. It's been a few days. And yes, I am still reading A Game of Thrones. I'm about 600 pages in (about 200 left), so I thought I would give you an update on my thoughts on the book.

On the whole, I am enjoying it. It still reminds me of some books I loved when I was younger, so I'm totally down with it. I am somewhat surprised at turns by what happens, and completely unsurprised at other turns. I think the story is pointing all the fingers at one person, but it's going to be another person. As for the characters, I find myself looking forward to the chapters about Daenerays the most. Maybe it's because they are so few or because she is the "bad" guy. From the beginning, I have thought it was interesting that we get positive insights into both the "good" side and the "bad" side. It makes it hard to dislike the bad guys. I also really like the chapters about Jon Snow. It's interesting to see his side of things, too. I would totally be like Arya, and I hope that we see more of her in future books. I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the chapters on Sansa. She is so dumb, really, really, dumb. Fo' real. That's about all I have to say about that.

More news on what I'm reading next as soon as I look over my options. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment