Saturday, May 11, 2013

Night Circus

So, I have only good things to say about Erin Morgenstern's Night Circus. I liked this book a lot more than I anticipated (considering I don't often read about the circus or anything circus related.).


This is a book that is an epic love story as well as an epic competition. Where you know from the beginning who the competitors are, but not what the competition entails. They live in a world where real magic is disguised as illusion within the boundaries of the enchanting night circus (aptly named because it is only opened from dusk until dawn). Everything is laid out in shades of black and white for the characters (literally) and we, the reader, watch as the competition unfolds.

Many things did not happen as I anticipated. Many fascinating events occurred throughout the story and I found myself getting drawn into the book. There are even chapters that literally lead you through various parts of the circus as if you are there.

All in all, I found this to be quite enchanting. The back cover touts it as a love story, but that is really only a small part of the story as a whole. Instead it is more about finding the same outcome despite taking different paths to it. I would definitely recommend this for anyone just looking for a good summer read.

Happy reading, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment