Friday, May 31, 2013

Mark of Athena

HI all. Just a quick posting for today. I have just finished reading the latest installment in the Heroes of Olmpus series (I know, I'm a little behind), the Mark of Athena. Once again, I was not disappointed. I have really enjoyed this spin-off series just as much as the original Percy Jackson series. I like the familiarity of the characters and the new twists that continue to be added. The reworking of both Greek and Roman mythology is sometimes genius (in my humble opinion). I love the blending of the style and the new additions to the quest. I look forward to seeing where this adventure goes in the next book as well. (I can't help but wonder just how long this series will continue. I feel like it has one, two more books max before Riordan has tapped it out as well). I have to admit, I was surprised by some of the paths taken in the book as well, but I enjoyed following them to their endings. If you're a fan of the series, definitely check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment