Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Multitude of books

Well, friends, I've read quite a multitude of books since I last posted, but I haven't done a very good job of updating. Crazy schedules and whatnot. But here are a few I've been through recently: The Fiery Heart (Richelle Mead): I just finished this one last night. OMG. I am in love with her writing. I am definitely a bigger fan of the bloodlines series than the Vampire Academy series (though I loved those, too). I think this lady is only getting better the more she writes this series, though I do suspect that the next book in the series might be the last. We can still hope for another spinoff though! Beautiful Chaos/Beautiful Darkness/Beautiful Creatures: Ok, so those are out of order, but I have finished the first three books in the series. I definitely find these interesting. I like the whole magic/supernatural powers aspect that run through. The ways the characters are connected interest me as well. The end of the third book, oh my goodness. I am glad I have the fourth to start on straight away or I would be ticked. Looking forward to seeing the conclusion of this series! Uglies (Scott Westerfield): I read this back in December and really enjoyed it. I think it plays a lot into our society's view of appearance and the way it affects people. What the characters learn and reveal throughout the story are quite intriguing, too. I have purchased the second book, Pretties, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. More on that later. The Selection & The Elite (Kiera Cass): These are quite possibly my current favorite books. I'm not sure why as they are kind of like a royal verison of the Bachelor meets Panem. I think the author's writing style is what makes her work so fascinating. That and the fact that the relationships are so realistic. Yeah, a love triangle is a little cliche, but, hey, that's how life is and it often makes for the best story. I am dying to read the next book, The One, when it comes out in May. Also, for anyone who enjoyed Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, the second book in the series just came out. I don't have a copy yet, but I am dying to get my hands on one. So if you happen to get it, please let me borrow it? :) Until then, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment