Saturday, January 25, 2014

Allegiant

Hi folks. Well, I am on a short reading streak right now. I think I am reading to avoid doing what I should be doing, namely...work. :)

Yesterday I finished up Veronica Roth's Allegiant. Now, don't get me wrong. Veronica Roth is a sweet, sweet lady. She really is. But I have some issues with this book. Surprisingly, it's not the ending. I have no problems with how she ends it even though it seems that some people are unhappy with how she chooses to close it off. I actually find the very last part of the book quite fitting for the story as a whole. I am good with that.

It's the meat of the book that I'm kind of meh about. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like this book is much more rushed than the other. It was like she was just trying to find some kind of way to tie all her loose ends together so she just started throwing some things out there. I don't really know. It just feels like she tries to do too much in too little time and it throws off the fluidity.

All in all, I did enjoy the series. I think there are a lot of interesting ideas within it. Just kind of anticlimactic for me.

Currently, I am kind of on a "finish the series" kick right now. Finally finished that one. Next up is Beautiful Redemption, then either Requiem  or Reached.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment