Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Every Day

 
So today (yes, just today), I read David Levithan's Every Day. I have had this book for a while, but I hadn't picked it up yet. I heard it was good, and I can definitely agree with that. I haven't read any of his books before, but wow. The man writes good stuff.
 
Imagine what it would be like if every day you woke up in someone else's body. You didn't even have a body that you can remember to begin with. You have always been someone different. Every. Day.  How would you survive? What would you do? How could you have any lasting relationships.
 
That's what this story is all about. The main character, A, is not truly male or female. A just is. And every day A is someone else. He/she gets used to being unobtrusive in his host's life. But then he meets a girl. And he falls in love. And everything changes. This story is all about A's discovery of this love and his/her quest to discover whether such a relationship can even exist based on his/her life path.
 
This book is different. And imaginative. I really, really enjoyed it. Definitely an improvement over the last book I read. If you're looking for something out of the ordinary with a great storyline, then look no further.
 
Happy reading, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment