Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Slightly less captivated...

So, last night I finished Carrie Jones' Captivate. Here's what it looks like:

Now, don't be mislead by my title of the post. I did enjoy the book. It was not like Crossed, which was a second book that dragged on. This book didn't really drag, I just didn't like it as well as the first book. I think it's because of what happens though.
I can tell you that I was surprised by some of the events in the story. More than once, I thought, well, I didn't really see that coming. So there are good points. Lots more pixie fun, with a little bit of the other fae sprinkled in as well. Jones throws in some Norse mythology as well, which I absolutely love because I'm a huge Norse fan.
So, if you read the first book, you should definitely check out the second. These books are in a similar vein to other supernatural YA out there right now, but with some definite different directions.
Next up? The final book of the trilogy, Entice. We'll see how long it takes to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment