Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Double Feature! Storm of Swords and Need

Hi all! I really have been reading lately. Promise. But one of the books I was reading was George R. R. Martin's Storm of Swords, so it took me a while. But, you know, I had to get ahead of the HBO season so I would be prepared. OMG! More on that in a bit though. I also finished Carrie Jones' Need last night. So, here are my thoughts.


This book. Ugh. Halfway through I wanted to throw the book and just stop. But I didn't. By the end, I was okay with where it was going. But, again, no one is safe in this series. I starting to get frustrated with all of my favorite characters dieing while those I can't stand live. Grrrrrr. I've had about enough of that. But, I must say, there were some satisfying deaths in this book as well. And some that were quite unexpected. Quite. On the whole, I enjoyed it. There were a lot of twists and turns and intriguing moments, so I was satisfied. However, I am starting to get a little bored with the Daenerys storyline. He needs to fix that. She was one of my favorite characters, now I'm just meh about her.
I do have to say, at the end of this book, I was ready to pick up Feast of Crows and go on with it. However, I decided to take a short break from this series to pursue some of the many other books on my shelf, starting with:


If you are a fan of the supernatural genre, you will probably like this book. I have to admit, I read it in about two days, which is pretty good. It's a quick read with an interesting storyline. No vampires or ghosts or anything like that, but a different breed of supernatural. The story was interesting, I didn't hate the characters, and it wasn't quite as whiny as some books can get. There were a few parts that felt a little rushed to me, especially the end. But there are also two more books in the series, the next of which I am starting today. So, it has a lot of promise. My sister-in-law also read this book and loved it. She took it on vacation thinking it would take a few days and finished it in one. :) It's a fun little read if you need a good book (but not really scary, as the cover comments would have you believe).

So now I'm working on the next book, Captivate. More news on that soon perhaps. What are you reading this summer?



1 comment:

  1. I've been reading the Inkheart trilogy this summer. I am currently on the 3rd and final book (InkDeath). I absolutely love them and highly recommend them to fellow book lovers.

    Once I finish InkDeath, I plan on seeing what the big deal on the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy is all about.

    I wanted to read the Divergent trilogy but figure I'll wait until the last one is out before I start it.

    ReplyDelete