Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack, for today.

Hi friends! I have done a lot of reading lately, but I haven't posted anything. Life, you know, it just takes up so much time. Oy! In the past week I have finished up several books, so I will just start with the most recent. Here she is, the beauty:

I picked up a signed copy of this book back in November while at NCTE in Chicago. I got to hear Veronica Roth speak, and she was a doll. She's also super young. Probably younger than me. I suppose that's why she captures the voice of her main character so well.
Fans of Hunger Games and similar YA series should enjoy this story. It has a female protagonist, a seriously categorized city lifestye, and a yummy love story. Honestly, I couldn't put it down and finished in less than 24 hours. I can't believe I didn't pick the book up before now. The divisions within the book and the reasons behind them are certainly interesting. They are right on par with things like Hogwarts Houses and Panem districts. Since it won't spoil anything for you, here are the city divisions: Dauntless, Erudite, Abnegation, Candor, and Amnity. I would like to say that I would be dauntless, but I am afraid I would be Erudite instead or possibly Abnegation. If you read the book, you should totally respond with what group you would choose!

Anyway, the second book in the series, Insurgent, came out last week (or perhaps the week before), so it is next on my list. I am actually planning on starting it tonight, so here's tohoping there's a new post about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment