Monday, December 31, 2012

Twofer- Pandemonium and The Evolution of Mara Dyer

Hi folks. I finished Pandemonium some time ago, but I never got a chance to blog about it. I do have to say that I quite enjoyed it. It didn't take me very long to read it either (despite the holiday hiatus from the blog). I was relatively satisfied with the storyline. I thought it progressed well, and the adjustment of the main character to her new situation was well played. Introducing a new interest didn't really surprise me either. The ending of the story might be considered a shock to some, but I kind of saw it coming. I think anyone who is a fan of the series could predict it, but I liked it anyway. I am very intrigued to see what happens in the third installment, Requieum (which, unfortunately, was not available in time for NCTE this year).

This week, I read The Evoluation of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin. See previous blog entry from last year on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I was really, really excited to get my hands on this book. Thanks to some fabulous friends who snatched me a copy from NCTE since Michelle signed the morning I left. I wasn't really sure where this book was going to go. Clearly I needed a refresher as it took me a few chapters to remember exactly what happened in the first book. Once I got into it, I was very intrigued. This book really made me feel a little crazy, too. I was beginning to wonder just how much Mara could take. I honestly did not really see the ending coming either. I didn't expect the storyline to take the course it did. I will definitely be ready for the third book next year. I need to know what happens to Mara, and I hope that it will be better than what I anticipate might happen.

Recently, I have finally acquired a copy of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. All I have heard about this book is how amazing it is, and I am super excited to finally get into it firsthand. Reviews upcoming!

2012 was definitely not a productive reading year for me. Let's hope next year is a better one for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment