Saturday, November 10, 2012

Catching Up

Hi friends. Recently, I have finally caught up with some of those half-read books that have been lying around my house. First up, I finally (finally, finally, finally) finished Dark and Hollow Places. If you're unfamiliar with it, it is the final installment of the triology of Forest of Hands and Teeth  and Dead Tossed Waves. I am not sure why it took me so long to finish this book. I started reading it, thought it was interesting, then started reading something else and it somehow ended up tucked underneath my bed, waiting to be unearthed. I did find the ending to be mostly satisfying. Crazy how it took me months to get halfway through the book then a day to finish the second half. I felt that the end might have been slightly rushed, but it works.

I also finished Insurgent yesterday. I definitely enjoyed Divergent and sped through it. However, I got about 150 pages into Insurgent and just kind of took a hiatus. I really liked what happened in this story. But oh, you protagonists. Get it together! I do have to say that I feel like the lead character, Tris, is very realistic. I think many people would perform similar to how she does when faced with difficult situations. And let me just say, I hope we are never divided into a society of factions. Oy! For this book, I found the ending extremely satisfying but also a bit confusing. I am not sure exactly what is going on at the end of the book and am looking forward to the next installment to see where Roth decides to take the series.

For now, I have actually started a new book (gasp!). I read Delirium a few months ago and have decided to now read the second book, Pandemonium. We'll see how long it takes to get through it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment